Thursday, January 22, 2009

MATEO #4


Mateo #4

This strip is pretty out of date now, about 21 days out of date. I thought that this was pretty funny, though, and I hope you do too. I really put an effort into the color scheme, and this is actually the second-to-last Mateo strip to be in color. If I had more time, I would color them. Since I am inherently lazy, though, I feel like I'm better off leaving them in black and white and adding a little bit of gray and backgrounds here and there.

Here is the rest of the commentary:

A few notes about this one, aside from the obvious: the background is supposed to be fireworks going off. The text is the same as the previous one, and I did have to make some color choices, color choices I will probably never do again (because I don't want to color again). Anyways, enjoy the fully colored strip.

This strip is to ring in the New Year. I actually drew and inked this on New Years day as a little bonus when I posted the other couple of strips, but then my scanner and my computer didn't work and I couldn't get it uploaded.

A couple of notes: I went through a semi-stylistic change and used a brush to go into the black. Also, I tended to simplify the designs and use less line work so that the strip is more streamlined. Also, there are a few additions to the strip that I address in later strips (such as Mateo's black shirt...)

I upped the resolution to try and make it easier, so we'll see how it works. I do want to post it in color, so when I have the time I will color this and the other one.

The plot for this strip came from my brother, who had been on a huge Terminator kick recently. Of course, since he's obsessed with it, he brings his obsession home and I end up watching Terminator 1, 3, and the Sarah Connor Chronicles. So that's where the inspiration for this small strip came from.

As always, read, comment, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment