Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MATEO #5

MATEO #5

The last colored Mateo strip. The rest of the commentary as follows:

Don't really have too much to say, except that this strip is a bit of a mockery of those Burger King commercials with the Whopper Jr. Anyways, I thought that this gag was funny and so I threw it in there. Simple, but nothing really special. By the way, Gabe reminded me to re-ink something, and I did. Also, the table is out of perspective (in fact, it looks more like a meteor...) but it was more experimental for me to try and add a background/foreground to the picture.

On the coloring side, it took a considerable amount of time to do. I finally figured out how to drop other images into each other (therefore getting the background). The background image was taken from:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/godamreborn/restaurant-modern-interior6.jpg

So if someone was gonna sue me over this pic, I've posted the link where I got it. It actually turned out pretty well, though I really didn't do anything too special with the coloring, just some basic effects. I also bumped up the image size, and haven't viewed the picture yet, so we'll see how it turns out. I'm also going to leave the black and white (bnw) strip up as well, though this one should be easier to read.

As always, read, comment, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment